Best Screen shot methods and app for PC
What is Screenshot : To capture the view on Desktop screen or active window as image file is known as screen shot. The resolution of the image file is same as screen resolution of the desktop.
Why do we take screenshots?
Well there are many but few common ones are
- We need to save screen information quickly and it will be lost as soon as screen is gone, while browsing website.
- Point out a bug.
- Making tutorial about program
- Creating documents that involves reference of software or program as image in report.
- Quickly sharing error message with Admin, that will gone after the click.
But we often need to do more with these screenshots and use them.
Screen shots are the best method to save a picture
you see on the screen !!!
Screenshots with Keyboard shortcuts
1. Use the keyboard shortcut: PrtScn (Print Screen) or CTRL+ PrtScn
The first method is also the best known and it works in all versions of Windows: on your keyboard, press the PrtScn (Print Screen) key or CTRL+PrtScn keys. Windows creates a screenshot of the whole screen and saves it to the clipboard. It is not stored as a file on your hard drive. Then, open an image editing or graphic program like Paint and paste the picture from the clipboard. The file can be then saved after some basic editing.
2. Keyboard shortcut: Windows + PrtScn
The screenshot of the whole screen can be taken by Windows + PrtScn on your keyboard and it can save the image directly to a file. Windows stores the screenshot in the Pictures library, in the Screenshots folder. The file is named “Screeenshot(number).png,” where the number will vary based on how many screenshots you have taken.
3. Keyboard shortcut: Alt + PrtScn
In Windows, to take screenshots of the active window, press Alt + PrtScn on your keyboard. The screenshot is saved to the clipboard. Open Paint or any other photo editing software and paste the image so that you can edit it and save it to your Windows computer or device.
4. Keyboard shortcut: Windows + Shift + S (Windows 10 only)
In Windows 10, press Windows + Shift + S to capture a region of your screen and copy it to your clipboard. After you press Windows + Shift + S, the screen is dimmed, and a cursor is shown, that you can use to draw on the screen the region that you want to capture in a screenshot. Draw the area that you want to capture and release the mouse cursor.
The screenshot is saved to the clipboard. Open Paint or any other photo editing app and paste the screenshot so that you can edit it and save it.
Screenshot with Google chrome extension
There are many extension tools available on Google chrome for screen shot capture. One of the best extension is Awesome Screenshot. It can installed from chrome://extensions/. It is Annotation tool for your screenshot and picture.
The app works for Chrome 36 and later versions.
1. Capture windows
2. Drag and drop a picture in the app to annotate
【Annotate & Edit】
1. Annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text
2. Use eraser to hide sensitive information
【Save & Share】
1. Save to local disk
2. One-click to upload to awesomescreenshot.com and get a shareable link
3. Support Google Drive
Screenshot with an App
There is one very nice program that can capture screen shot and allows lots of other option. The name of the application is PicPick
It can be downloaded from https://picpick.app/en/download/
The features of PicPick are:
- Capture anything – Take screenshots of an entire screen, an active window, the scrolling windows and any specific region of your desktop, etc.
- Edit your images – Annotate and highlight your images: text, arrows, shapes and more with the built-in image editor that includes the latest Ribbon style menu.
- Enhance with effects– Easily add effects to your images: drop shadows, frames, watermarks, mosaic, motion blur, brightness control and more.
- Share everywhere – Save, share, or send your images via Web, email, ftp, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, Evernote, Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Graphic Accessories – Variety of graphic design accessories including color picker, color palette, pixel ruler, protractor, crosshair, magnifier, whiteboard.
- Customizable setting – With highly advanced settings, you can customize hotkeys, file naming, image quality, and many other options that fits your needs.
The details for each feature can be found at https://picpick.app/en/features